The Human Resources Department provides leadership and support in the management of all human resource areas, including: workers’ compensation, labor relations, unemployment compensation, safety, risk management, employee and human relations, Equal Employment Opportunity compliance and employee development. We work with all departments to attract, hire, and retain a highly qualified and engaged workforce.
The City of Belleville affirmatively recruits, hires, trains, and promotes the most qualified persons into all job levels without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
The City of Belleville is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Submitting an Application
To be considered for one of the posted positions, an application for employment must be completed and returned to the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date indicated in the job posting. A detailed resume may be submitted, but is not required.
Applications can be completed and submitted in 2 ways:
The City of Belleville has nine (9) different Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Fire Fighters Local 53 Contract - Includes staff at four (4) engine houses
- Laborers Local 459 Contract - Representing employees in the Cemetery, Street, and Sewer Lines Departments
- Library (AFSCME) Local 1765 Contract - Includes staff at the Main Library and West End Library locations
- Operating Engineers Local 148 Contract - Servicing staff at the Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Police Officers Contract - Representing Police Officers and Sergeants
- Service Employees Local 116 Contract - Representing employees in the Maintenance Department and custodians
- Teamster Clerical Local 50 Contract - Includes the administrative staff in most departments
- Teamster Drivers Local 50 Contract - Includes employees in the Parks, Sanitation, Sewer Lines, and Street Departments
- Telecommunicators and Secretaries Contract - Represents these positions within the Police Department