The Human Resources Department provides leadership and support in the management of all human resource areas, including: workers’ compensation, labor relations, unemployment compensation, safety, risk management, employee and human relations, Equal Employment Opportunity compliance and employee development. We work with all departments to attract, hire, and retain a highly qualified and engaged workforce.
The City of Belleville affirmatively recruits, hires, trains, and promotes the most qualified persons into all job levels without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
The City of Belleville is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Submitting an Application
To be considered for one of the posted positions, an Employment Application must be completed and returned to the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date indicated. A detailed resume may be submitted, but is not required.
- Fire Fighters Local 53 staffing four (4) Engine Houses
- Laborers Local 459 representing employees in the Cemetery, Street Department and Sewer Lines
- Library (AFSCME) Local 1765 at both our Main Branch and West End Library
- Operating Engineers Local 148 servicing our Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Police Officers representing Police Officers and Sergeants
- Service Employees Local 116 representing our Maintenance Department and Custodians
- Teamster Clerical Local 50 which is our Administrative staff in most departments
- Teamster Drivers Local 50 which supports our employees in the Parks, Sanitation, Sewer Lines and Street Departments
- Telecommunicators and Secretaries in our Police Department